What Does BARC Recycle?
Nearly 100% of what gets thrown away can be recycled. Unfortunately, most of it ends up in our local landfills. We can recycle paper, plastic, metal, glass, electronics, mattresses, batteries and more. Here’s our ever-growing list of the things we recycle. This list applies to our home, business or special request pick-up service. Got something that’s not on the list? Contact Us and we’ll let you know if we can recycle it. We do not offer drop off service for the materials listed below. For drop-off service we recommend that you go to your county drop off sites.
- junk mail
- office paper
- shredded paper
- #1 (PETE) – Soft drink, water and beer bottles, peanut butter and salad dressing containers.
- #2 (HDPE) – Milk jugs, juice bottles, bleach detergent and household cleaning bottles, shampoo bottles, butter and yogurt tubs, trash and shopping bags, cereal box liners.
- #3 (PVC) – Clear food packaging, wire jacketing, medical equipment, windows, siding.
- #4 (LDPE) – Squeezable bottles, bread, frozen food and dry cleaning bags.
- #5 (PP) – Caps, straws, medicine bottles
- #6 (PS or Styrofoam) – Disposable plates and cups, meat trys, egg cartons, CD cases.
- #7 (other) – Three and five gallon water bottles, compostable plastics.
- redemption-value cans
- aluminum foil
- tin cans (steel)
- non-steel metals
- metal construction waste (copper, galvanized steel, etc.)
- redemption-value bottles
- clear and colored glass bottles/jars
- plate glass
Electronic Waste (a.k.a. E-waste)
- any electronic device that plugs in or runs on battery (cell phones, TVs, computers, monitors, etc.)
- small appliances
- fluorescent light bulbs
- compact fluorescent light bulbs
- incandescent light bulbs
- car batteries (lead acid batteries)
- household batteries
- food waste
- yard waste
- Christmas trees
- ink cartridges
*Please make sure to thoroughly wash your recycling before putting it in your bin. Only clean food containers can be recycled.